Alicante Airport (ALC)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Getting to and from Alicante Airport (ALC) by road is straightforward, with the main A-7 north to south motorway running close by and the N-332 running along the coast to Alicante.
Known locally as the 'Aeropuerto de Alicante', the airport is particularly close to El Altet, Urbanoca and the Arenales del Sol to the east, Torrellano directly north, and both Elche and Crevillente to the west. Also worth noting, the town of Santa Pola lies around 18 km / 11 miles from Alicante Airport and is known for its historic fortresses and castles. Several areas of green are sited close to Alicante Airport and include the Campo de Golf El Plantio course to the north, and the Albufera del Fonda to the south-west.
Important roads surrounding Alicante Airport include the Autovia del Mediterraneo, which joins the N-338 on the northern side, the N-340 and Avinguda de Illice, running in a north-easterly / north-westerly direction, and the N-332, located on the eastern side of the airport and heading south. Within the airport grounds are a cluster of roads, which lead to the main parking areas and terminal. Here are some useful directions.
Directions to Alicante Airport (ALC) from the north:
Directions to Alicante Airport (ALC) from the south:
- From the north, take the A7 south
- Exit south at Exit 72 onto Carretera Al Aeropuerto, which runs directly to Alicante Airport
Directions to Alicante Airport (ALC) from the east:
- The A7 comes in from the south-west. Travel along the A7 until you meet with Exit 72 south
- Alternatively, from due south, take the N-332 north
- Turn left onto the N-338 for the airport
Directions to Alicante Airport (ALC) from the west:
- From Alicante (north-east), head south-west on the coastal N-340/N-332
- Turn right onto N-338 for Alicante Airport
- The N-330 comes into Alicante from the west
- Take the A7 south at Junction 71
- Exit the A7 at Exit 72 and head directly for the airport (south)
The main A7 east coast motorway from Barcelona passes by both Alicante and Alicante Airport. This road can become extremely busy during the day, while the N-340 / N-332 coastal road also becomes busy. We recommend that you allow extra time when travelling on these routes during holiday periods.
Alicante Airport (ALC): Virtual Google Maps